A duo of days in Paris - Skipping About the Continent - CycleBlaze

November 3, 2022 to November 4, 2022

A duo of days in Paris

Christiane and Betty arrived from Bologna Wednesday night for a week in Paris, planning their visit so we could spend some time together before I leave on Saturday. We had two splendid days dining out, museum going, and shopping. It was a perfect way to wrap up my time in France.

After a spate of unseasonably warm temperatures, the weather Thursday was more typical of late fall in Paris - chilly and rainy.  In other words, perfect weather for a trip to Musée de L'Orangerie, home to Monet's Water Lillies and the private collection of Jean Walter and Paul Guillaume that showcases more than a hundred works by some of the great Paris artists from the late 19th/early 20th centuries - including Picasso, Matisse, Cézanne, Renoir, and Derain. In addition to the permanent collection, the fall  exhibition featured the pastels and watercolors of Sam Szafran, a 20th century French artist. 

Musée de L'Orangerie
Heart 2 Comment 0
L'Atelier de la rue de Crussol, with tightrope walker and pastel boxes, February 1972 , by Sam Sam Szafran
Heart 2 Comment 0
Just a sampling of the pastels of Sam
Heart 4 Comment 1
Scott AndersonSo curious. They look like the paint sample cards you find at the paint store.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
A blustery fall day in Paris
Heart 5 Comment 0
Early November in Place de la Concorde
Heart 5 Comment 0
Early November in Jardin de Tuileries
Heart 7 Comment 0

Friday was errand day – a return visit to Orange for a new TV decoder, final packing for me, and a doctor’s appointment for Christiane. There was also much enthusiasm on the part of Christiane and Betty a trip to the nearby boutiques on Rue de Commerce to shop for my wedding outfit. Though they did not quite comprehend what was required for a "fancy Texas wedding," I did find a sequined jacket/pants and, despite the fact that it make me feel a bit like Judy Garland, it was reasonably priced and seemed appropriate for the occasion. We celebrated our successful day with a farewell dinner at a favorite neighborhood restaurant.

Christiane is quite optimistic as we head off to the Orange store with the malfunctioning decoder and a shopping cart full of electronic parts that we hoped to recycle
Heart 3 Comment 0
The optimism turned to concern once inside the Orange store. However, all worked out and we went home with a new decoder that I was able to hook up and get the TV working again, not that any of us ever watches it.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Susan all glammed up, in a way. It turns out that I had the pants on backwards and, finding no suitable top, modeled the outfit in my black camisole undershirt.
Heart 7 Comment 3
Suzanne GibsonSo glad you posted a picture of your sequin get-up! Perfect! I love it that you put the pants on backwards.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kathleen JonesTrs chic! You look like champagne.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
My salmon main at La Véraison
Heart 4 Comment 0
Chocolate overdose for dessert
Heart 4 Comment 0
Cheers to good friend and fine food
Heart 7 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0