Drive to Carson City - Silver and Gold 2021 - CycleBlaze

Drive to Carson City

This is an A to B bike tour and both ends of the tour are far from my house. One requirement for the tour's start and finish points is that they must have Enterprise car rental outlets.

On May 10 I drove a 1-way car rental from Roseburg, Oregon to Carson City, Nevada. The 450 mile drive is pleasant and scenic.

I saw southern Oregon's biggest volcano Mt. McLoughlin but didn't get a photo. I did stop for photos of northern California's two big volcanoes, Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen.

Mt. Shasta. Elevation 14,180 feet/4323 meters.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Mt. Lassen. Elevation 10,463 feet/3190 meters.
Heart 1 Comment 0

At the midpoint of the drive I paid $10 to get into Burney Falls State Park to see the amazing spring fed waterfall for a few minutes. Cyclists can get in for free.

Burney Falls
Heart 4 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltThe Burney Falls are very pretty!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Burney Falls
Heart 3 Comment 0

The drive is mostly forested mountains. Only the last 2 hours of the drive is in desert, from Susanville to Carson City.

My motel in Carson City is close to the Enterprise car rental office. The bike tour starts tomorrow morning at the car rental office. The bike tour ends at the car rental office in Merced.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0