Introduction - Heart of Silver, Heart of Bitterroot - CycleBlaze

Introduction

Jeff and I have known each other since we worked together on campus.

He's been a long-distance bicyclist for many years, going back to the early 1970s when he pedaled from Santa Rosa to see his girlfriend while she was away at college in Chico—a distance of about 150 miles—and spent the night in a random orchard along the way. Ah, what a young man won't do in the name of love! He went on to more and longer tours, including a ride across the country with his girlfriend after she graduated from college and became his wife.

More recently, Jeff and I have done a few day rides together.

Now that we're both retired, we've been discussing the possibility of undertaking a short tour together. It looks like that opportunity has arrived. We both have the time and inclination to get out of town for a few days—you can hear our wives shouting "Hallelujah!"—so we're heading up to Idaho and Montana where we plan to explore the very civilized Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes and Route of the Hiawatha in a refined manner befitting our status as elderly Social Security recipients. 

No sleeping in random orchards along the way!

Heart 1 Comment 0

Day ride. The boys pose for one final shot before heading home.  Nice day. Nice ride.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0