Cape Le Grande: End of the ride - A Short Ride? - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2011

Cape Le Grande: End of the ride

From the Esperance YHA front door to the Lucky Bay camp site in Cape Le Grande National Park is about 60ish kms, one way. It's a very pleasant ride on a less travelled paved road and easy to knock off in about 3 or 4 hrs of relaxed riding, with only one or two small hills and a lot of level riding through farm land (approaching the park) and mallee scrub (once in the park). If the weather is good and the tides are right, I think you can also cycle there along the beach.

Vehicles pay an entry/day use fee, but bicycles enter free. Quietly riding along the park road soaking up the scenery and looking at the birds, emus, kangaroos was a nice way to spend an hour's riding. It's about 44 km from Esperance town to the park boundary and another 16 km to the camp site.

The camp site has a roofed and sheltered cooking facility for tenters, including hot and cold water, gas rings, bbq and picnic tables. There are also flush toilets and solar hot water showers. Cost is $9.00 per nite for a tent. I spent two nights there. On the first night I had some company, but on the second night had the whole tenting area to myself.

It was a good end point destination for the trip.

Just ridin' along on the way to Cape Le Grande National Park
Heart 0 Comment 0
I really don't need any other incentive to keep the kitchen clean ...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rain ready ant nest entry
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lucky Bay from a distance
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lucky Bay campsite - note the fluro trianges on the back of the bike
Heart 0 Comment 0
End of the ride - Cape Le Grande National Park
Heart 0 Comment 0
First Wedding Cake mail box I've ever seen
Heart 0 Comment 0
First Stonehenge replica I've ever seen, too
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just up over that little hill... there is another little hill
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 125 km (78 miles)
Total: 921 km (572 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0