Sick Day - East Glacier to Eastern Maine - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2019

Sick Day

I was still sick and not up to pedaling 35 miles against a headwind, so we took another down day. This time, I slept most of the day. In the afternoon we walked a mile along the noisy strip on the outskirts of town – where nobody walks - to a Buffalo Wings franchise. The lettuce was past its prime, on the verge of becoming slimy.  Wrappers littered the floor and bench of our booth. Not sure we’ll do this place again. I should have known a sports bar that specializes in hot wings and fried foods would not have fresh lettuce. When we have a choice, we go with local places. But sometimes there aren’t a lot of choices. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Susan Cooper CooperI hope that you are back in the saddle on May 28th!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Julian WaldoHope you're better! E and G are following your progress on their placemats and are hoping you're in the land of cheese soon :)
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Lori RabySorry to hear you're sick - and without the comforts of home :( Hope you feel better!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jackie McKennanI’m late acknowledging all your kind words of support, but yes, I’m doing better.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jackie McKennanTo Susan Cooper CooperWe were back on the road 5/28, but tardy to reply. Now that we’ve figured out an easier way to find comments, we can be more prompt.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jackie McKennanTo Julian WaldoWe ARE in the land of cheese and passed by the depot where the Edmund Fitzgerald took on its fateful cargo. Are they ready to hear about shipwrecks?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago