We go to the See - The Bartletts Bike the Baltics - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2019

We go to the See

We are falling into a comfortable pattern on our visit with Karin. We walk through the forest to have breakfast with Karin, sit and visit over coffee in her garden and then we figure out what to do. It is so relaxing. 

Karen suggested we drive to Schwielow-see (lake), walk along the Promenade, have a “lookie lookie” and then have some food at a cafe by the see. 

Today is a first for us in a long time. It is sunny and warm. So many families were out on their bikes and walking on the promenade. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Schiewlow-see is a huge lake with lots of sailboats, a small passenger ferry that makes scheduled stops along the lake - all the way to Potsdam and there are many hotels and lake homes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Admiring some wildflowers with Karin teaching me the German names. The walkway around the lake is very lovely. You can walk for miles if you like.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This guy kept a close watch on us while we had some lunch. He was sitting with his people at the next table.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More wildflowers....
Heart 0 Comment 0
This couple live by the lake and invited us into their garden on the water. Their dog had caught our eye as we saw his attempts to help garden by redigging holes and generally uprooting what she had planted. We enjoyed talking to them. Their daughter had done an exchange year in Burnaby BC and Is now fluent in English, as are the parents.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had all worked up a thirst -Karin had a Radler (beer and sprite), Mary Ellen a small Weizen and Barry a large Weizen wheat beer.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We debated about whether we should have cake and coffee or a small meal. As we were all so thirsty and one can’t have beer and cake, a savoury meal was in order. However, the servings were so large, that there was no room for cake. Imagine that!

Barry’s cheeseburger meal was more than he could finish, but really tasty.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mary Ellen thought that Bouilliabase would be light but there was so much seafood, Barry had to help her. Amazing seafood: calamari, mussels, salmon, shrimp, scallops...
Heart 1 Comment 0
And Karin’s appetizer was the size of a pizza with creme fraiche, bacon and onions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mary Ellen and Karin enjoying the spring sunshine,
Heart 1 Comment 0
Barry and Karin at the restaurant by the See, another wonderful day with Karin.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0