A special night of classical music in the Weilburg Palace - The Bartletts Bike the Baltics - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2019

A special night of classical music in the Weilburg Palace

We are very lucky as tonight we have another special evening ahead of us. Knowing our love of music and seeing it performed live while in Europe, Cora is treating us to a wonderful evening of classical music at Weilburg Palace. The annual Weilburg Schlosskoncert summer series has developed into a premier summer festival attracting world class performers. Needless to say, the lovely setting and sharing it with a good friend enhances the experience.

 The first half of the concert features an Italian pianist,  Frederico  Colli, performing Beethoven’s Piano Concerto #3, along with The Rheinland Pfalz Philharmonic Orchestra.   The second half also promises to be great with the Orchestra featuring some great music. 

Weilburg Schlosskirche, the setting for the concert tonight
Heart 1 Comment 0
The formal garden at Weilburg Palace.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Mary Ellen enjoying a glass of local wine in the garden of the Palace.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The concert was scheduled to be held outside in the courtyard of the Schlosskirche (Castle Church), but the threat of rain forced the organizers to set it up inside the Church. We are happy about this as we love the intimate setting and accoustics of the Schlosskirche. The setting surrounds the stage which gives everyone a good view. Plus it is a beautiful setting in which to enjoy the concert.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Frederico Colli will be performing Beethoven on the beautiful Steinway grand piano.
Heart 1 Comment 0
It is fun to go in early and watch the orchestra warm up and perform pre concert rituals.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Orchestra is getting ready for the second half and we got a glimpse of the sheet music of one of the pieces they will be performing.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Church is filling up and anticipation is building which means that soon we can’t take any more photos.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Wow, what an evening it has been.  Frederico Colli is an exceptional pianist with extraordinary touch and technique. It was magical to have such an unrestricted view in a setting with excellent accoustics.  Standing  ovations and encores for Frederico Colli as well as for the Orchestra who were featured in the second half were very enthusiastic. The audience was reluctant to let the musicians leave as it was such a wonderful concert.

Image not found :(
We enjoyed spending a bit of time enjoying the beautiful grounds of the Palace after a fine night of music in the Schlosskirche.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We will certainly return to Schloss Weilburg. It is a nice bike ride from the farm to Weilburg and we enjoy this small town, its historic streets and the Palace.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0