A few days on the Reitz farm - The Bartletts Bike the Baltics - CycleBlaze

A few days on the Reitz farm

We have truly come full circle....we are back with the Reitz family on their farm. Where did the time go? The passage of time can be so difficult to quantify. Three months sounds like a long time, yet  when each day  has been so rich with new experiences cycling to places unknown, challenges and triumphs, it can also seem like a blink of an eye. 

We are enjoying being back on the farm. Time with friends, living and riding in an area we have grown to love enjoying home cooked  German food and attending concerts in settings that typify the best Europe has to offer...we recognize that we are indeed fortunate people. Mary Ellen is glad of being in one place with the chance to rest as she can’t seem to shake the chest cold she picked up.  Lots of sleep and naps, plus bike rides are good medicine.

The kitchen is certainly the heart of the home here and a place of much action. Cora and Clara are hard at work preparing food.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora has been making wonderful bread.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Almost ready...
Heart 1 Comment 0
The traditional green sauce which contains hard boiled eggs is served over boiled potatoes. It is delicious.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Potatoes, green/egg sauce and many kinds of local sausages are a yummy traditional hot midday meal...accompanied by the all important condiments. Georg is patiently waiting for us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ready for a Sunday ride -cake awaits us in just 30 km!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are heading out for a favourite bike ride with Georg after lunch through the trails and forest of Westerwald to Garcia’s for cake.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Cows are such wonderful animals -always curious and eager for affection.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yes, the Westerwald is hilly, but the beauty of the area and the wonderful riding opportunities make it a special place for us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Garcia’s has a loyal following of people who come for Sunday brunch and cake. The same Spanish family has run this Konditorei for some time and their cake selection and quality is excellent as you can see.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Every trip to Germany requires at least one visit to Garcia’s .... a much loved tradition.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The time has come to put Seavo away for the winter. Buster gets to hibernate over winter with Seavo in the former swimming pool. See you next year!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The deed has been done. Barry and Georg lifted Seavo to his winter hideaway. He has good company with a few bikes that aren’t being used at the moment.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 3,538 km (2,197 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0