Day 23: Valladolid to Coba - Grampies' Road to Ruins Winter 2018 - CycleBlaze

January 26, 2018

Day 23: Valladolid to Coba

Our room at Meson del Marques on Booking was sold with breakfast, though when we got there  prices with and without breakfast were posted on the wall.  Having paid for breakfast we figured we ought to stay, though it started at 7, a fair bit after we would normally have pedaled off.

Breakfast was worth the wait, with a Mexican omelette  containing peppers, tomatoes, and onions. On the side was also a little stir fry of green peppers and onions. In a break with what we had experienced here yesterday, they also kept offering us more coffee and more toast.

Back through the quite tidy streets of Valladolid, we were soon on the 180, which had been our highway out here and which will take us out east a bit, until we turn southeast to Coba and ultimately Tulum. 180 is a fairly busy road, but it has a wide shoulder. We were not too perturbed about it, and neither were the dogs, napping right out there.

Sleepy dogs are unconcerned by traffic. By the way, that guy has a full sized Igloo cooler on his motorbike.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The antibiotic and pain drug had been doing the trick, and thankfully Dodie was able to cycle comfortably.  It's good, because among other things looking for a "restroom" every km is a  bug!

At Coba town we went back to Hotel Sacbe, where we had been on Day 7. At 615 pesos it is mid quality. That means no hot water and thready wifi. But look at the bed! You can put the whole family in there.

The man in the blue shirt heard Dodie calling me "Stevie", so that is the name he is using for me. How cute.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 64 km (40 miles)
Total: 1,069 km (664 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0