Day 6 Ontario - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2018

Day 6 Ontario

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

South of Ontario, OR

I only woke up twice startled because I though the moon was someone shining a light inside the tent asking us why were camping in the field. #anxiety We got up and packed pretty early nevertheless. Had a couple of AMPed protein bars and hot drinks and headed down the road 30 miles to the Willowcreek Store and Café and had second breakfast and grabbed a few snacks to keep us rolling the 35 miles to Ontario. We went another 12 miles to Valle and the traffic was crazy scary; lots of cars, tankers and semis. So Jon found an alternate route past farm fields. A little longer, but much better. We stopped at a grocery store and quickly determined that we both needed sugar before we could seriously consider what food to buy. #braindead Then it was 22 miles to a fine $49 hotel off the interstate. We took some lovely back roads, again past farm fields, all irrigated in this desert like area. At one point we saw a couple dozen osprey hunting prey that had been roused out of the ground from the watering. Beyond that, the ride to the hotel was hot and dry, close to 90. We were so glad to get checked in and get a shower! Had some tasty omelettes at the café next door and enjoying some HUB Hopworks IPA that Jon picked up at the store. Good stuff! Cleaning our sweaty bike clothes and chilling out. 

We’re in a new state and a new time zone!! Woohoo! Goodbye Oregon! You treated us well! On to Idaho. 

Heading back up into the wilderness tomorrow; more updates in a few days.

Today's ride: 78 miles (126 km)
Total: 3,457 miles (5,564 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0