Day 8 - Arles to Limoux by Car - Roaming the ViaRhona - Tandem Tour - September 2021 - CycleBlaze

September 25, 2021

Day 8 - Arles to Limoux by Car

Heart 1 Comment 0

The ride is over - sniff sniff.  Day 8 was about gathering all of our various pieces and getting them back home.

The breakfast in the Hotel du Forum was definitely above-average, maybe tending toward very good.  Lots of choices.  Maybe French hotels are starting to get the breakfast thing...who knows, stranger things have happened!

The lovely people at the hotel graciously agreed to store our bike for a few extra hours after the official checkout time.  With the bike safely stored in their garage, we caught the TER train to Avignon, then changed to the TER headed for Lyon.  With no bike in tow, it was super easy.  Only as the train got closer to Lyon did our car start to fill up.

Our stop in Vienne was the last stop before Lyon.  We hopped off around 2:45PM with our bags and the car was right where we left it in the parking garage.  We immediately hit the road for Arles, which was on our way home anyway.  (Well it was a 20 minute detour times 2, but close enough).

We got back to Arles around 6PM, retrieved the bike, and headed home, arriving about 8:30PM.  Tired!  That was a long day of transport.  But it felt pretty good to be home!

Time to clean everything up and start dreaming of the next trip!   

Thanks to all who have followed along - your comments and encouragement was amazing and we are deeply grateful for your interest.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Scott AndersonThanks for taking us along, Rich. Hope to see you on the road again soon. Langueduc or the Camargue?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kathleen JonesThat was fun. Thanks.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Mike AylingThanks for another great journal!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Keith KleinHi,
Splendid trip. You’ve made me want to go back. Waiting for your next foray.
Cheers,
Keith
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Suzanne GibsonHi Rich and Robyn,
I have heard through the CycleBlaze grapevine that you will be in Munich in August. I hope that's not just a rumor. If it fits in with your plans, it would be lovely if you felt like getting in touch. My email: suzannegibsonatarcordotde
Suzanne
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Suzanne Gibsonp.s. Sorry I spelled your name wrong, Robin!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Marjory SwordEnjoyed reading your entries as we have planned to tour the Rhone in Sept/Oct of this year (2023). Nice to see the bike paths in your photos!
Reply to this comment
11 months ago