We are off ! - A River Route through Europe searching for a good cup of coffee - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2011

We are off !

I was really too excited to sleep too much and was up at the crack of dawn, not that that is very early as it is still dark in this part of the world until about 7.30. We were a blur of movement. Bernie got highly excited when I produced the cat cage. Clearly something was up if we were going to put Lucy in that. Off they went Bernie still bouncing, Rose who is a very old ,shy farm worker squeaking a bit and Lucy complaining very loudly as only Birman cats can, what an indignity to put a princess in a cage, surely it should trigger an international incident. First to the Beaver Road Pet Motel and the dogs were at their holiday home. Rose is happy when we leave her there as Janice loves her and takes very good care of her, Bernie is still bouncing and would certainly like to get back in the car with me. On to Sothern Comfort to offload the princess at her preferred cattery. She takes with her a dirty farm shirt of Kens, she is really his cat and likes to have something with his smell on to remind her that she is not being left for ever. It really feels hard to me that animals don't know how long they are being left for - 2 days or in this case more than 2 months.

Back home we moved the cattle, shut down the house and waited for the shuttle. A relief to get through check in and find that we were about 500g under the weight allowance. We were only flying as far as Brisbane on this leg as we were to stay the weekend with our daughter Jane and her family. This is a very easy three and a half hour trip with just time to eat your dinner and watch a movie, the crunch will come on Sunday night with about 27hours from Brisbane to Paris. Border Security in Australia clearly thought we looked a bit dodgy and insisted on opening the bike boxes and rummaging around. They found neither dirty bikes that would threaten Australia's biosecurity nor stashes of illegal drugs. Fantastic to be met by Jane, Mark and the kids were waiting at home to welcome us as all the room in the car was needed for bikes.

A princess shoudn't be in a cage.
Heart 0 Comment 0
They are so trusting.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting for the van.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0