Day 18: Take me out to the ballgame - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

June 26, 2014

Day 18: Take me out to the ballgame

I cant say there was much excitement today. After a nice breakfast at Belina and Dave's house we wandered west, moseying and lollygagging and whatnot. We stopped at an Anasazi Museum near Dolores, which had some cool artifacts, and then moseyed some more.

Our destination was Dove Creek Colorado, which isnt far from our start point. And despite the ups and downs, terrain wise, we had a bit of a tail wind. So when we got to town we decided to have a bite to eat at a nice little diner and then push on the Monticello. Except by the time we finished lunch the wind had turned, and turned hard, in our face. After about 100 yards I yelled (over the wind) to Leo that we should just stay put. And thats what we did.

So we went to the sheriff's office and asked if we could camp in the park, which of course was no problem. And it was there we were entertained by little leaugers, fumbling and bumbling around, having a good ol'time. It was the Angles vs the Rockies and small town America at its best.

We set up our tents in a nice grassy area near the game and no one gave us a second glance.

"Sure I will keep the bathrooms open," said the recreation director, when I asked her about keeping them unpocked for us.

The wind howled a bit, and we even go a few rain drops in the wee hours of the morning. But all in all it wasnt a bad day.

A Rockie player at bat
Heart 0 Comment 0
Its a hit!
Heart 0 Comment 0
...and the post game handshake.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 1,168 miles (1,880 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0