Touring Styles - Grampies Ride Again! Summer 2015 - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2015

Touring Styles

Just had to share this, from today's Guardian:

"Hotel La Perla in Corvara, the main resort of the famously foodie Dolomites region of Alta Badia, has a chef who gears meals to cyclists’ needs (high energy, low fat). It is also home to the Dogma Pinarello Passionate Lounge, which tells the history of the brand and has a Dogma 65.1 to road test – this is the bike Chris Froome rode to win the 2013 Tour de France. A four-night break costs from €640pp, including breakfast and €40 a day to spend in the hotel’s five restaurants, one of which is Michelin-starred. For an extra €250 a day, the “cyclist treatment” package includes hire of a Pinarello Dogma F8 bike worth £9,000, bike guide, support car, mechanic to tune and wash the bike, a daily post-ride massage, energy gels and bars, a Garmin 810 satnav with pre-loaded routes, and a daily wash-and-fold service for riding kit."

Now let's see, what would appeal to the Grampies the most. The mechanic to tune and wash the bike? The energy bars? Don't know. Maybe we'll give it a miss: only €40 to spend in the restaurant seems pretty chintzy, plus according to us the Garmin 800 series is not that great!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0