Braunau to Muldorf - Retyrement On 2 Wheels 1 - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2016

Braunau to Muldorf

More Inn, we share a strudel lunch and find youth hostel accommodation with music students.

August 1 Monday 51kms

Braunau to Muldorf. 

More Inn, we share a strudel lunch and find youth hostel accommodation with music students.

The trail follows yesterday’s pattern with a few detours away from the river. We lunch on a wonderful piece of strudel and fresh rolls beside a lake which has several swimming and diving platforms and pleasant clear water.

Food break on the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0



Water safety around, beside and in, the Inn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch beside the lake.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Inn looks like a large sheet of wet concrete in places - Grey and unmoving. On closer inspection the river is moving quite swiftly.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Neuötting. A shady section beside the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Approaching Muhldorf.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0


For the first time really, we experience a slight head wind- until now we have enjoyed some good assisting tail winds. We arrived in Muldorf late afternoon and are given the address of the youth hostel for accommodation.

 This proves a Godsend – a newish, spotlessly clean building with lots of Scandi wood surfaces and a whole dormitory room to ourselves. There is a group of school students with their music teacher practising for a concert in the attached hall. It reminds me of similar practices at SMC. In fact distance renders the intonations in girls’ voices when speaking German sounds to sound almost like English. 

We cycle into town for a pizza at one of the ubiquitous kebab places you find in France and Germany, and chat to the waitress who tells us that like many workers in Germany she was Czech and was hoping to make a new life. What had brought her to Muldorf we didn’t find out. She would like to improve her prospects with education but how do you do that on a waitress’ wage?  I wondered if the restaurant did a Muldorf salad but didn’t ask. Interestingly  the town also hosted a number of Nigerian students- we chatted with one for a few moments when asking directions and he was fairly upbeat, though learning in German must be a struggle.

Today's ride: 51 km (32 miles)
Total: 2,390 km (1,484 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0