GO time is drawing nearer - Rejuvenation? Or Last Hurrah? - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2022

GO time is drawing nearer

The wheels are already in motion

It's nearly time...
Heart 0 Comment 0

THERE'S AN OLD EXPRESSION about traveling people, saying they were "born with itchy feet" and can't stand staying in one place very long.  I may not be cut from quite that cloth, exactly, but there's a definite degree of pleasant anticipation that builds in my mind as the launch date of a long-awaited trip draws ever closer.

Yesterday, the majority of my gear got packed up and sent to a willing receiver in Bend, to be held until collected.  It's on the slowest possible conveyance, and may spend a week in transit, but that's no matter: it will still arrive before me (assuming it arrives at all), provided there's no unexpected holdup between here and there.

Sometime in the next few days I'll clean, disassemble, and pack up the bike (including mounting the fresh tires I've been holding onto since ordering them over the winter), tuck in the final remaining bits of gear that didn't get in the shipping boxes, and do a final sweep of the workshop and staging areas to make sure nothing got left behind that should be going.  And then it'll be time to be off.

See you down the road!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0