Charge it! - Rejuvenation? Or Last Hurrah? - CycleBlaze

Charge it!

How in the world did I end up in this situation?

THE NUMBER OF THINGS that I plan to take that operate on rechargeable batteries has grown to ridiculous proportions.  Here's the list, organized by charger type:

Micro USB
* Samsung tablet computer (I can't see myself trying to use my phone for composing posts)
* Foldable physical keyboard for tablet (Bluetooth connection)
* Selfie-stick remote

USB-C
* Phone

Mini-USB
* Garmin bike GPS

USB-A
* Point-and-shoot camera battery charger (specific to the camera battery); requires an adapter to plug straight into a standard outlet if no USB-A port-equipped device is available.  The camera itself has no provision for charging the battery while it is installed.

Various one-off proprietary connectors or chargers
* CPAP batteries (requires BOTH the plug-in CPAP power supply AND a proprietary adapter cable for charging); they also use a second proprietary cable to interconnect the two batteries and yet a third proprietary cable to provide battery power to the CPAP device during off-grid use.  Upside is that the batteries have USB-A ports that can be used to charge other devices that have USB charging ports.
* Bike headlight battery - requires its very own dedicated plug-in charger.  No USB power source option.
* LED camping lanterns (mitigated somewhat by the fact that they also have built-in solar panels that can help to sustain / update the charge if left exposed while not actually in use.  They can also accept and use standard AA size batteries as well as their internal rechargeable ones.)  They also have a USB-A port that can be used to charge another device.

That's at least eight devices, requiring no fewer than seven separate types of connecting cables or adapters.  Jeez-o-Pete, really? And yet I am not seriously contemplating leaving any of these dear little electronic gizmos behind.

Left to right: CPAP batteries (three separate proprietary cables; external power source not shown), LED camping lanterns (with solar panels in the tops); Garmin GPS charger (all I really have to take is the mini-USB cable); headlight battery and charger; camera trigger / remote for selfie stick (micro-USB); camera battery charger; Samsung tablet with micro-USB cable; two-outlet USB-A "wall wart" for connecting any two USB-charged devices at a time; phone (USB-C cable)
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0