Flying home to Saltspring Island - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2016

Flying home to Saltspring Island

Saying goodbye to Cora at the train station
Heart 0 Comment 0
Farewells are never easy. But what makes it easier is knowing that we will return soon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are really impressed with these North Face bags that convert into backpacks. They protect our panniers from the wear and tear of airplane travel and they give us room for the extras. We like having only one bag each to carry,
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltI got a similar backpack waterproof Ortlieb bag this year and think it's a great idea that they are backpacks - - frees up your hands. :)
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Boarding the ICE train at Limburg
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have arrived at the Frankfurt Airport after an 18 minute, 300 km/hr ride - and the luggage trollies are conveniently located on this level.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the convenience of European travel - the train station is in the lower level of the Frankfurt International Airport which means an elevator ride takes us directly to the Departures lounge. No need for a car to battle the challenges of traffic and parking.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltFrankfurt is a great airport and SO handy to have the train station in the lower level! :)
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Lufthansa's check-in gate is situated close to the elevator. We quickly checked our bags and have lots of time for some lunch and passport control before our flight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bikes are provided for airport workers to navigate the large airport.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lufthansa was a great experience
Heart 1 Comment 0
Frankfurt airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe
Heart 0 Comment 0
We know that we have arrived back in Canada…the venerable Tim Hortons Coffee Shop at the Vancouver Airport. After our long journey, we both enjoyed a large cup of black Tim's coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
With a cup of Tim Horton's coffee in hand, we are ready to board our small Air Canada plane which will take us from Vancouver to Victoria.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We flew on a small Air Canada plane from Vancouver to Victoria.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Flying over the Gulf Islands
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have arrived in Victoria
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kurt and Holly, our friends from Saltspring met us and will give us a ride to the ferry and home. It was great to see them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are almost home - just a short ferry ride to Saltspring Island and then we are officially home. It is about a 15 hour journey from start to finish.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0