A day in Doorwerth at the Fletcher: rain...rain...rain!! - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2016

A day in Doorwerth at the Fletcher: rain...rain...rain!!

We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in last night to be given a free upgrade to a Junior Suite. This will be great for us as our plan is to take advantage of the hotel tomorrow and wait out the predicted day of heavy rain and thunder storms. We arrived last night, nearly 8 pm as we had spent a long time at the Kroller Muller Museum and the De Hoge National Park. It was a great day and a long hilly ride to Doorwerth from the park, so we were glad to have a bed waiting for us.

Our suite was very comfortable and ideal for a day of relaxation. We enjoyed the luxury of having a living room with TV, frig and kettle - a nice sized bedroom with TV and a spacious bathroom.

Our only exercise of the day was swimming in their indoor pool and riding to the local Jumbo grocery store for supplies. Otherwise, we watched the Olympics on BBC, read, planned our route and relaxed. It was a good day and a nice change of pace.

And yes, it did rain, and when it did, it rained heavily. We can certainly ride in the rain, but sometimes it is nice to take a break.

Today's ride: 5 km (3 miles)
Total: 2,647 km (1,644 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0