The party's over - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 22, 2022

The party's over

Harrington, Delware

Since we were both recovering from yesterday's ride, we decided to spend the day breaking down our camp and get ready to move on tomorrow. Don offered to put pedals on my bike so I could do a ride, but I couldn't even get motivated enough to do that. 

It was another hot humid windy day which made it difficult to feel energetic about anything. At least the air conditioner kept the trailer cool. 

Most of the rally attendees took off today and by evening, only 4 of us were left in the campground. We'll be seeing several of them at the next 2 rallies we're going to in Pennsylvania and New York so there were lots of "see you soon" to them. 

Since Don had packed up our grill, we walked over to the casino that's located here in the fairgrounds and had dinner in one of their restaurants. I can't say it was the best experience as the service was lousy - too slow, you had to ask for the utensils, Don never got his salad dressing, etc. 

But our food was good with plentiful servings so we came home with leftovers. Plus we got to watch horse races on their TV's. We declined to place any bets!

When we got back to camp, we continued putting a few more things away which was a good thing as a terrific thunderstorm rolled in around 9 pm. Don said that later, the wind blew over the bikes which had been propped up next to a tree, so I hope the fall didn't damage anything. 

Tomorrow we move on.

Cool mailbox seen on our bike ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maybe not the best advertiser for "now hiring"!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0