The lake is calling and I must go - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2022

The lake is calling and I must go

Rohrback Farm Market, PA to Sampson State Park, NY

Today was another travel day as we continued making our way north to a state park located on Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes region of New York. As it was to be a longer drive, we were up early and on the road by 8.

Again, there weren't any through roads to take to the north, so the GPS routed us on a convoluted route winding from road to road. Don was very tired after the stressful drive as most of the roads were narrow with rough pavement. It was also a day of ups and downs as we passed through many small villages. 

By 1 we had jounced and bounced our way into New York - yea - a new state sticker for our map! We checked into the state park and found our site but were frustrated to find that the electric box was too far away and on the wrong side to reach from the trailer. Good grief! 

We drove around the loops and notated a number of open spots that looked to be better for us. Then we returned to the office to see if we could change locations. I was kind of irritated and told Don that if they couldn't move us, then I would just leave and go elsewhere as they only offered 30 amp electric with no water or sewer hookups. 

Luckily the office was able to move us and we were finally able to settle in for our stay. We're here mainly to attend another rally and explore a bit of the area. 

By dinnertime, we both finally finished our chores and collapsed, exhausted from the day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can get in some bike rides. 

Beautiful Seneca Lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0