On to the capitol city - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 23, 2022

On to the capitol city

Harrington, Delaware to Washington DC

Today we're breaking camp and traveling a short distance to an RV park outside of DC. Since we had already packed up most of our stuff, we were ready to roll by 9:30. After saying our goodbyes to the remaining rally attendees, we headed west across Cheseapeake Bay.

By noon we had arrived at our next location at Cherry Hills RV Park in College Park. What a nice place! 

It's an absolutely HUGE campground and really more of a resort with multiple pools, lakes, mini-golf, hot tubs, laundry, cafe, complete souvenir and RV supply store where we could buy a toilet if we needed it and even a ballroom (although they no longer hold dances in it - boo hoo). 

As an added convenience, there is a bus stop right in the park that can take you to the metro should we want to visit some of the sights in DC via mass transit. There's also a bike trail that runs in front of the campground.

We spent the rest of the afternoon reorganizing our spot since we'll be here for 3 weeks. By dinner, those chores were mostly done, at least for today which was good as we were both exhausted. It had also started to rain and looked like it would continue to do so through the next few days before finally warming up again.

It was a bit choppy on the water of the Chesapeake Bay today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another bridge across the Chesapeake Bay. This one goes to Annapolis and doesn't have any tunnels. Much shorter, too.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The eagle has landed at Cherry Hills RV Resort!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0