On to the Buckeye state - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

June 27, 2022

On to the Buckeye state

South Shore Winery, PA to Woodside Lake RV Park, Ohio

Today was another travel day, but a short one as we continued west into Ohio. We even had time to get the truck and trailer washed at one of those semi-truck wash places. 

As we drove toward our campground which was located east of the Akron area, we were both dismayed to see steep wooded hills and narrow winding roads. It reminded us of the area near Lancaster, including lots of Amish farms. We'd expected the flat to the rolling open farm land that we've found in western Ohio, NOT this nasty stuff! 

By 2, we'd made it to the Woodside Lake RV Park and got the trailer settled into her new site. We're only staying here for 4 days as we couldn't get reservations over the 4th of July weekend. That's fine as this area will be tough to bike and the campground has lots of problems. I doubt we'll rate it very highly. 

Hopefully Don can find us a flatter route to ride since the roads near us are very hilly. 

We finally made it to Lake Erie!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our home for a few nights.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The campground has a small lake with lots of slides and water features for the kids. Don thought we ought to try out this big wheel water bike!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Kelly IniguezIn the end, where are you for the 4th of July? We are going to be in Norwood - food is a concern.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettWe have a campground reserved for the 4th. It's near a town called Medina to the west of us. If we'd planned a little better and made our plans earlier, then we might not have had this issue, but maybe not. I remember years ago when we toured in Canada and it was their Canada Day. We'd sent our camping gear home and thought we would be staying with Warm Shower hosts or at motels. Things fell through and we struggled to find lodging along Lake Erie.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago