Northward bound - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2022

Northward bound

Lancaster to Rohrback Farm Market, Catawissa, PA

Well, another moving day is upon us. As it was only going to be a short drive, we took our time finalizing the packing and saying goodbye to our new friends. We'd enjoyed the rally and really the entire area so it's one spot we'll return to in the future. 

By noon, we were on our way, rolling north through the countryside of Pennsylvania. Our GPS took us on mostly back roads as there was no interstate to our destination. There were as many twists, turns, and ups and downs as when we did our bike rides! 

As the route continued north, we climbed into the Appalachian mountains. It was a beautiful area - very wooded with nice views. In one spot, we even crossed the Appalachian Trail. Back in the day, when I was much younger, I had visions of us hiking this long trail. But....we got older and wiser, and went to bike touring instead!

By mid-afternoon, we reached our camping/parking location for tonight - the Rohrback Farm Market. It's a Harvest Host that's located out in the country near Catasissa, PA.

After we got the trailer situated, we went into the market to see what kinds of food they offered for dinner. Don got a sandwich from the deli which looked good, but I decided to just eat a chicken salad from fixings we had in the trailer. We also bought some fresh cherries and I got a cute t-shirt. 

The rest of their offerings were appealing - home made ice cream and whoopie pies, but those had WAY too many calories for a day spent sitting in the truck! Our rule is to enjoy those only after a long bike ride.

The rest of the day we just hung out under our awning and watching the sun set over the orchards. It was a very peaceful place to spend the night.

I don't think we've seen a 'share the road' sign quite as inclusive as this one.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We drove into the Appalachian Mountains today and found this trail sign at a high point.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Love these planter pants at the Rohrback Farm!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our parking spot at the farm was very nice as we overlooked their orchards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0