Never miss a chance to sparkle - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2022

Never miss a chance to sparkle

Pennsylvania dance day

Today was a pre-packing day as we prepare to move again tomorrow. We spent the morning putting things away, then drove to Hummelstown to attend an afternoon ballroom dance at PA Dancesport studio.

They had a large floating wood floor and played DJ music. Everyone was quite friendly and we even got 2 free fans labeled with their dance club logo. They had a class prior to the dance where we learned a new rumba move. In addition, I bought a pretty necklace at a display in the ladies bathroom. So lots to like about this place!

I wish we could have stayed longer but it was an hour drive back to the campground and we still had to stop at a Costco to gas up the truck. It was still nearly 6 when we got home.

The rest of the evening was spent around a campfire eating dinner and visiting with the remainder of the rally participants. They're a fun group and we hope to see them again someday. 

Flamingos galore at all Airstream rallies!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A less common Class A Airstream. They no longer make this type of RV.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a rare 1947 vintage Airstream that one of the rally attendees just purchased. It's going to a guy in New Mexico who will do a total restoration. We don't know how much that will cost but likely a lot! We heard that it's likely the oldest Airstream in existence.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of silver this week!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Whoopie pies are a regional Pennsylvania Dutch treat that we had for one meal. They're good but awfully sweet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This vintage 1961 trailer was owned by a single woman. She let me take a peek inside and it was so cute. Mostly original but it had everything she needed from a full bath, bed, couch and kitchen. I loved it but unfortunately it would have been too small for the 2 of us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tonight we attended a dance hosted by the USA dance chapter of Harrisburg, PA.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0