Looking for that silver lining among the clouds - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2022

Looking for that silver lining among the clouds

Washington DC

It was a grey, cold day when we got up. At least the rain that fell overnight had stopped but the weather didn't encourage us to do much outside. 

Mostly we hung out inside and watched the birds on our "bird cam". Our site backs up to woods so Don had put up the bird feeders and it didn't take long before they found the food. 

We've already seen blue jays, grackles, crows, sparrows, cardinals, eastern towhee and one red-bellied woodpecker. The jays and grackles are about the same size so they get into fights over who gets the best food.

Other than making a run to a Walmart for restocking, we didn't get out to do anything. Mostly we read our books and did some research on what things to see and do in this area. 

We'd biked into the mall area and saw all of those monuments back when we did our east coast bike tour. But we missed going to any of the museums etc. So we're noting a few places to explore while we're here.

The bathhouses here are pretty fancy and even have stained glass windows!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This gaggle of grackles have taken over our bird feeders.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0