Life is an adventure, enjoy the ride - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 21, 2022

Life is an adventure, enjoy the ride

Ohio fun day

This is a lock on the Miami and Erie Canal that is located in New Bremen. This canal traversed 249 miles from Cincinnati to Toledo and was dug in sections starting in 1825 until completed in 1845. The work was mostly done by immigrants who were paid 31 cents a day and jigger of whiskey!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today we also visited the Bicycle Museum of America. It's a fabulous museum and well worth the $3 entrance charge! It was opened in 1997 by Jim Dicke II who purchased an extensive collection of bicycles and memorabilia in Chicago which was moved to New Bremen. He continues to add to his collection with only a portion of it on display.

Ohio has a rich bicycle history from the Wright Brothers to several prominent bicycle manufacturers like Huffy, Murray and Roadmaster. 

So enjoy the pictures!

Interesting High Wheeler.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The bike in the middle is a Monocycle. One of the more bizarre looking bikes we saw.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Isn't this wooden chain guard pretty?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here's a more modern Monocycle.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Scott AndersonHard to get your head around. Is there an eBike version available yet?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettNot that I know of, but can you imagine the spinning you'd get?!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Somehow I'm not sure I want to ride in the side car on this Harley!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Fiberglass bikes made in the 60's are very spacey looking!
Heart 1 Comment 0
How about this tandem used by the Buffalo soldiers in the Civil War!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Or this cool folding bike?
Heart 0 Comment 0
If you couldn't afford a bike, you might get these roller cycle skates!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Information sign on the canal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Scott AndersonAmazing. Definitely looks like you got your three bucks worth.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith We have visited this museum twice and enjoyed it very much. It's also in a great cycling area. Our Seavo likes it there, I'm sure yours will too!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettTo Jeanna & Kerry SmithYes, we really enjoyed the riding in the area around Jackson Center as well as in the NW portion of the state near Archbold.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago