In the event of a tornado, put some weiners in your pockets so the search dogs will find you first - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2022

In the event of a tornado, put some weiners in your pockets so the search dogs will find you first

Washington DC

 I wish I had something to report about today but not much happened. There were 2 rounds of severe weather that passed over the area - one around noon and the other later in the evening. The temperature wasn't bad but we didn't care to chance going for a bike ride or sight seeing trip. 

That was wise as the first round of storms brought a tornado warning. Nothing that hit our exact spot as it stayed north of us. But it did rain heavily for a while. The second storm just brought rain. 

So we hung out inside the trailer, doing a few house keeping chores and computer work. Don cooked up a tasty red beans and rice dinner in our instant pot since he couldn't grill outside. 

Later we watched the RVs begin to pour into the park, filling up all of the open spaces. Hopefully they'll be quiet as it's been pleasant when the campground was only half full. 

Everyone is getting in the spirit of Memorial Day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The last couple of evenings, the campground has arranged for a tractor to haul campers around in these wagons. Looks like fun but after a couple of passes, I'd be bored.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0