"Don't stop. Keep on going and go see what's over the next hill." - Wally Byam - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2022

"Don't stop. Keep on going and go see what's over the next hill." - Wally Byam

Jackson Center, Ohio to Angola, Indiana

Day 4 of the repairs. We were crossing our fingers that the work would be completed by the end of the day as there were only a few things left to do. But one of them was the fiberglass repair of our shower wall which could take longer since there was curing involved. 

Not wanting to make firm plans for the weekend, we decided to do one last tandem bike ride this morning while it was cooler. Don put together a loop out into the country and we headed out by 8:30am. 

It was a pleasant ride on lightly trafficked roads with no missed turns this time! More farms and fields along with the little town of Botkins where there were several large churches. Quite the religious community!

We also rode through a wooded nature preserve which was a little different from the fields. It was also a good spot for a potty break.

The ride wasn't long - only 20 miles and we were back by noon. Don secured the bike and we decided to drive back to a farm we'd ridden by as they advertised fresh sweet corn. It was a self-pay market and everything was offered at great prices, so we bought some corn, peppers and zucchini.

Back in town, we stopped at Subway for lunch and then returned to the service center after changing our clothes. 

We had just settled into the lounge for the afternoon, when the service tech came in and said they were done with the repairs! Wow! We'd expected to spend the rest of the day here as the fiberglass in the shower stall was supposed to take a long time to cure. We walked back to check the trailer out and yup - everything was done. Yea!!

So while we paid our final bill which didn't end up costing us as much as we had expected, they pulled Tango back to the campground. We decided to go ahead and start our drive west. 

I secured things inside the trailer, Don put away all of the shorelines and we loaded the bikes. An hour later, we were on the road! It was great to be free of the Twilight Zone!

We first had to drive back to Sauder Village in NW Ohio and pick up a package that had been delivered after we had camped there. Don made a reservation for a KOA in Angola, Indiana and after stopping for a quick "less than memorable" dinner at a little Mexican place in a nearby town, we headed for Indiana. 

With our late start, we didn't reach the KOA until after 8 pm. We were both tired, and only moved the bikes outside and hooked up our electrical line. We're only here for the night before moving forward. 

What the heck happened to THIS barn?!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This guy's going to have to sell an awful lot of wood to fund his grandkid's college!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice mural in Botkins.
Heart 1 Comment 0
For a small town, Botkins had some fairly grand looking homes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Queen Anne's Lace (I think) has been so nice along the roadsides.
Heart 0 Comment 1
This turn of the century home and farm had been very nicely restored.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here's another one of those strange brick buildings. They all have had tall arched windows, although this one looks to be more of a garage than a school.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Quite a fancy looking country home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ohio has been a surprise with its dancing and biking. We'll be back soon!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 20 miles (32 km)
Total: 100 miles (161 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0