And then there were two - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2022

And then there were two

Ohio fun day

There was a mass exodus this morning as all of the Airstreamers left except for one, as well as many other campers. The place looked pretty empty by evening. 

There was some casual discussion about another ride today, but we decided not to as our legs were still a bit tight from yesterday. I couldn't even get motivated to go out on my own. 

So we hung around camp all morning and went to Walmart to pick up a couple of things in the afternoon. Then it was time for some fun!

I'd found a winery nearby that was open today and wanted to go check out their vino. Don was up for that, so after Walmart, we stopped at the American Winery and Brewery (they also make beer). 

The owner/wine maker was there on site and waited on us. He was quite the character. We ordered the "21 gun salute" which was a tasting flight of all of their sweet and semi-sweet wines along with 3 wine slushies and some ice cream infused with wine. 

Since I'm allergic to strawberries, I couldn't try one slushy, the ice cream (Don said it was good) and some wines. But the remainder of the wines we tasted were all good and we found several that we decided to purchase. Here we go again - buying another case of wine!! At least he could sell 6 wines as a case which was nice. 

I was a bit tipsy after all of that so we headed back to camp to eat a snack and sober up. Later in the afternoon we invited our Airstream neighbors over to visit. They're from Texas which is a state we like. They had just been to the Airstream factory for repairs so we got some good info from them. 

The rest of the evening was pretty quiet with the campground mostly empty. We're moving on tomorrow as we head south toward Columbus. 

Archbold had a nice mural in the downtown area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There are many quilt barns in this area. Here's one example we saw. It's called Starry Night because the owners of the farm love to look at the stars during the night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And another. I think it's called Aurora.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And yet another. This is on a barn at Sauder Village. It's called the Double Windmill and represents the logo of the village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0