A soggy day in danceland - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 17, 2022

A soggy day in danceland

Ohio dance day

It was yet another stormy day here in Columbus with rain continuing off and on until evening. NOT a good day for a ride, let alone doing much outside.  

We did our laundry and then just hung out in the trailer watching the mass exodus of campers. I'm sure many of them with families had planned on a fun weekend with the kids but with this weather report, it was better to throw in the towel and head back home. 

Our legs were still tight from all of the dancing we've done, but still loosened up enough that we decided to go to one more dance tonight. The choice was back to to the Crystal Ballroom Dance Center to check out the Downtown Dance Club. 

I hadn't found out much on-line about them other than they had been around since the 1950's and did mostly ballroom to DJ music. Other than some pictures of the group on Facebook which showed people our age, we didn't even know how much the dance cost. But no  matter - we're going dancing!

We were really surprised that this group was hiding out there! It only cost $7 each - the cheapest we've paid here. The music was good and the club members were all so friendly and welcoming. We were really happy that we'd decided to check them out tonight and plan to be back again someday. 

Better watch out for these thieves!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0