The rest of Poland: Still mostly pictures - The Really Long Way Round - CycleBlaze

October 20, 2013

The rest of Poland: Still mostly pictures

Okay, look, I'm sorry, there isn't much of a story here either. The honest truth is I still wasn't keeping a diary and I can't really remember what happened. The only notes I kept for the three days riding to the Czech border was that I went to Auschwitz and that I changed my chain.

The first of those reminders was not actually entirely necessary as visiting Auschwitz is not something anyone would be likely to forget. But I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures and I'm not going to write much about it on here because first of all my opinions and feelings about visiting a place where such monumental atrocities occurred feel trivial and unimportant and secondly because this journal is still trying desperately to fall into the category of amusing, not depressing.

With that in mind it may be best to leave Poland with some pictures of the woods where I woke up on my final morning in the country, possibly the most beautiful woods I'd ever woken up in (and there have been a lot to choose from.)

The woods were by this lake
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

20/10/13 - 66km

21/10/13 - 50km

22/10/13 - 85km (54km in Poland)

Today's ride: 170 km (106 miles)
Total: 7,950 km (4,937 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0