Christmas in Nong Khai: Part Three: Mostly puppy pictures - The Really Long Way Round - CycleBlaze

December 26, 2014

Christmas in Nong Khai: Part Three: Mostly puppy pictures

Robin and I were both thoroughly worn out from our Christmas adventures and so we spent the next three days recovering in the guesthouse and generally doing very little. It was a lovely little guesthouse to relax in and for the ten days that I stayed there no other guests came, other than Robin of course, and the little puppies that lived next door and jumped over the fence one day to come and say hello.

Well you are just too cute aren't you?
Heart 2 Comment 0

Alas, Robin was not to fulfill his destiny and become my full-time hapless sidekick, despite my pleas. He had other ideas, and on the 29th he left to take the train to Bangkok, where he planned to spend the New Year, before completely abandoning his bicycle and embarking on a backpacking trip around southern Thailand. I really thought he should be better off cycling around northern Thailand with me, but the impressionable young man had seen the fun Leonardo DiCaprio had in 'The Beach', and he'd made up his mind. Speaking of such quality movies, I'm sure you're all wondering who will play Robin in my movie. To be honest I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I guess whoever played him in Batman will probably be best.

For our last couple of days together Robin set about proving to me that he had a far brighter IQ than t-shirt, and we spent a lot of time doing dozens of matchstick puzzles and online quizzes and brainteasing logic puzzles and such and such. And as well as solving one or two of these, Robin taught me some of his card tricks, which required too much concentrating for my liking, but he did his best all the same. In fact I should probably apologise to Robin for the way he may have been portrayed over the last few pages. Despite my insinuations I found him to be a most entertaining and intelligent fellow, whose company I greatly appreciated. If you would like to find out more about this fine and adventurous young man, may I please direct you to read Robin's blog. I haven't actually managed to read Robin's blog myself yet, mostly because he uploaded too many puppy pictures and the page won't open, and in any case I believe it is written in German. However, the 'About me' and 'Gear' pages can be opened, and are in English, and are well worth reading. I particularly encourage you to read the 'Gear' page if you are thinking of doing a long tour yourself, you could learn a lot from it.

My hapless sidekick, breaking free once more towards his own adventures - on his way to the train station with a bicycle and an oar. Goodbye my friend, and good luck!
Heart 2 Comment 0

So Robin left, and I thought about leaving, and then I decided to stay another day. Just one more day. And I've nothing else to say, because I didn't do anything, and so I'll just have to take a leaf out of dear Robin's book, and fill the rest of this page up with puppy pictures. Enjoy.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

22/12/14 - 0km

23/12/14 - 0km

24/12/14 - 0km

25/12/14 - 0km

26/12/14 - 0km

27/12/14 - 0km

28/12/14 - 0km

29/12/14 - 0km

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0