About me and my crew: I'm just a boy, standing in front of a bicycle... - The Really Long Way Round - CycleBlaze

About me and my crew: I'm just a boy, standing in front of a bicycle...

My name is Chris and I like to ride my bicycle. Like most people, I don't like writing descriptions about myself so I'll keep this brief. The main things you need to know are that I am a twenty-something white male with a British passport. In very many ways that means I got the winning lottery ticket in life and have the very fortunate opportunity to travel just about anywhere. With that in mind I have spent most of my adult life exploring this wonderful and amazing planet and in recent years stumbled across the humble bicycle as the absolute most perfect mode of transportation.

In other news my favourite food is the potato, I am decidedly average at most things that don't involve riding a bicycle, and when I grow up I would like to be an astronaut. I would also say that I'm mediocre at best at riding a bicycle.

Here is a picture of me and my bike. I don't remember where I was at the time.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Daniel (aka Danny G)

I'm going to write about Daniel anyway because, regardless of what excuses he comes up with, I'm still hoping he will assume the role of Snowy. Daniel is Canadian. He has unkempt hair. He wears glasses (correction, used to wear glasses) He has a flair for languages and an ability to play the guitar sufficiently well that people would probably throw quarters at him in the street, two things that would make him an invaluable asset to this trip. On the downside, I don't believe Daniel has ever ridden a bicycle.

Danny G in Barcelona, before he lost his glasses
Heart 1 Comment 0

Now, dear reader, in order to make it easier for you to imagine the scenes unfolding during the course of this blog I have come up with an idea to help. I will suggest actors that are likely to be cast for the inevitable movie of this trip. I most likely, will be played by the ladies favourite Ryan Gosling. Daniel, being of fair skin and dark-rimmed glasses would be perectly played by a young Chris Evans, although given that neither he nor any Americans will have any idea who that is I shall give the role to that redhead Weasley character from the Harry Potter films.

I was going to introduce the other characters in the movie on this page, but I have now decided against it. I think it will be much more enjoyable (and probably less effort for me) to introduce them as and when we get to them. I had better leave Daniel's introduction on here though, given that it is very unlikely that we will ever get to him.

It is true we don't all see the world in the same way
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0