Day 59 Rest Day in Estancia La Angostura: too windy today - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

December 20, 1999

Day 59 Rest Day in Estancia La Angostura: too windy today

As we wake up early morning...there it is...the wind is howling.

We both realize there is no way we could ride this and neither of us feels much for pushing our bikes along Ruta 40 again. We have come to the conclusion that with the strength of the wind and the direction it is blowing it is not possible for us to continue. We need a ride.

Instead of heading for the main road, back 4km and waiting for that infrequent vehicle, Patrick asks Mario, one of the caretakers if we could pay to get a ride to Tres Lagos, the next town. He thinks that would be no problem, but since no one of authority is around today, it will have to be after someone comes home.

Marcella arrives at about 5pm, says Mario will take us at 8am tomorrow. We have spent most of today in the tent, listening to the howling wind. Patrick has read a whole book, and now we are both without reading material.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Argentina BBQ
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the evening guests arrive. A man Jorge and two kids. We play a dice game with them for a while, the game is similar to Yahtzee, until they have dinner, and we return to our tent.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0