Day 36 Rest Day in Chonchi: Bus ride back to Ruben's - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

November 27, 1999

Day 36 Rest Day in Chonchi: Bus ride back to Ruben's

As promise we catch a bus back to Rubens place today. We get on board the bus in Chonchi expecting to be sold two tickets on the way to Castro, but nothing happens.

In Castro we stop at the main terminal and Patrick purchases two tickets to the intersection where Ruben lives, but Patrick tries to explain that we still needed to pay for the first leg of this trip. We are only talking 400 or 500 pesos (about 1 US $) 

In the pouring rain we get off and walk towards Ruben's little house. We meet all the kids plus Yolande. Most of the morning we just sit there, talking Dutch and watching raindrops hit the window horizontally. We are happy that we are not cycling.

At 3 we take the bus back to Castro buy some groceries and return to the Esmeralda Hostel. We eat eggs and bacon for dinner. We also get to know a Scotsman and an Australian girl, John and Kim, also on a bike trip that started in Chile Chico. They will end in Santiago where they plan to settle for a while. They have loads of advice for us.

(Picture of scan)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0