Day 157 Another day in Sucre: Extending our visa - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

March 27, 2000

Day 157 Another day in Sucre: Extending our visa

After we have breakfast at the hotel restaurant we first go in search of the immigration office.  At Villazon where we entered Bolivia, we were only given a 30 day visa, but we were told that it’s no problem to extend that to 90 days once inside the country.  

Finding the office took us longer than for the clerk to re-stamp our passports.

Next, we go to the museum where Eva works.  They display weave work from the Tarabuco and Talca  people.  We seek Eva but she’s busy doing administration work so we do the tour on our own, assisted by an English language explanation pamphlet.  

The displays are very interesting and there are two women on the balcony, weaving, that don’t mind to be photographed.  After the tour Eva shows us around the display / sales/ area.  With her help we look at just about every piece of work, and finally settle on a Tarabuco and a Talca piece.  Both expensive but very beautiful and unique.  Also buying these pieces makes us feel we do something to reward native people that try to make a living the “native” way.  

After spending all that money we have lunch and spent the afternoon relaxing.  We have Chinese for dinner so we can take left-overs for tomorrow night.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We purchased this one
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We purchased this one
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0