Day 135 Rest Day Humahueca: Cabildo de Humahuaca - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

March 5, 2000

Day 135 Rest Day Humahueca: Cabildo de Humahuaca

We sleep in a bit this morning. Patrick must have slept twelve hours but does not feel rested; the continuous music from downtown is very audible here.

We eat some cereal, the stove is acting up again, it takes forever to boil some water for coffee. Patrick disassembles it and cleans the fuel line under the burner with a long metal needle made from a safety pin. This helps and the stove roars again but burns a bit dirty. The simmer mechanism doesn't work at all anymore. Patrick thinks this is what is causing all these problems. Too complicated.

We walk to town to see the noon event in the square where a robot Priest appears at a window to bless the attending. It's a Lifesize metal replica of a priest and taken very seriously by the masses.

Heart 0 Comment 0
The crowd at noon waiting for the Priest to appear for the blessing
Heart 0 Comment 0

Things fell quiet this morning, the sunrise calmed the feasting mass, but it seems to be picking up again after lunch. We eat something before heading back to our camp. The rest of the afternoon we read and relax. For dinner we fix rice with a half piece of chicken that we bought on our way back to camp.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0