Day 113 Jardin America: short day - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

February 12, 2000

Day 113 Jardin America: short day

Just a short ride today but a trying one. The road remains without shoulders and with heavy truck and bus traffic. We plan only to go a short distance today, about 60km to a campground just past Jardin America. All day the road climbs and descends it seems though as if all we do is climbing since the downhills are so short. It gets hot and hotter. But we reach the town we aimed for and find a tourist information along the highway where we get directions to "tourist paradise" about 8km down the road. And paradise it is! A shady campground and a nice big pool. After a required check of our toes, we go swimming. Amazing how you can feel tired and dirty one momet, and at the next be totally refeshed. We interrupt our stay at the pool only for lunch. The rest of the afternoon we read and swim.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The campground is very quiet. We get in our tent at about 8:30pm when it starts to get dark, but we find it still hot and muggy. The trees that gave us shade all day also stops any breeze from bringing some refreshment. A guy goes around to turn on all the fluorescent lights strips that are nailed on trees, each with its own light switch and outlet. Patrick gets our and turns the two closest to us off.

We want to sleep.

Today's ride: 25 km (16 miles)
Total: 3,689 km (2,291 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0