Week 38: days in Capetown: visiting "the Waterfront" three times in three days - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

December 19, 2015

Week 38: days in Capetown: visiting "the Waterfront" three times in three days

We are staying in Tableview, in the flat of one of Leanna's sister, Karin, and our bikes in the garage of another sister, Amanda. Tableview is on the outskirts of Capetown. We walk about 2kms to the MyCiti Bus transit station to buy a ticket for the waterfront in Capetown. And right across the street is MacDonald's.

First things first. We want familiar, not necessarily good, food. Yes, one of our first lunches in Capetown was at MacDonald's.

The MyCiti Bus system is a really modern and easy way to get around the city. A card is purchased and money added to it for the fare. The card is scanned upon entry to the system. The buses operate much like a subway, the doors open even with the platform. When exiting, the card is scanned again, tallying the fare and deducting from the card. The buses have their own lanes and a bike path follows the bus line.

Over the first three days in Capetown, we went to the Waterfront three times. Once in the evening with Amanda when she did a Walk/Run Event. This was nice to see the downtown and Table Mountain at night. And twice by the bus system.

Patrick has completed the overhaul of Rachel's bike. Tomorrow will complete his bike. We have bike boxes from a nearby bike shop lined up for when we are back from our three day ride around the peninsula, Patrick can start getting them ready for the flight Out of Africa to India.

First things first...... we haven't seen a McDonalds since Nairobi.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Capetown Waterfront district with views of downtown and Table Mountain.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We find a Belgium restaurant with Westmalle beer!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Between the good food and drink Patrick starts overhauling the bikes in Amanda's garage. We have sent a box of replacement parts to Capetown before we left: freewheels, chains, brakepads and tires are replaced with new.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Capetown Waterfront.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waterfront district, Capetown.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 7 km (4 miles)
Total: 10,717 km (6,655 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0