To Tableview: Riding towards a beautiful city - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

December 15, 2015

To Tableview: Riding towards a beautiful city

Today ends stage two, Nairobi to Capetown.

We retrace the 8.5 Kms back to the main road. We are hoping for a cup of coffee at the restaurant at the junction. We'd stop there yesterday and had a great latte and butter cookies. But we are too early, the place is not open.

We are back on R27. There is a nice shoulder but can't trust the traffic. The shoulder is used as a lane, cars and trucks straddle the yellow line, allowing cars to pass straddling the center line, and at unsafe times. At the junction with M14, we turn off and this is a much nicer road, quieter and a bike lane!

We have watched Table mountain get closer all day, the road follows along the beaches and we make our way slowly to Tableview. We've messaged Amanda, Leanna's sister, to let her know we are close.

A car pulls over, rolls the window down and as Rachel passes, the driver says, Amanda! We stop and after a year of Facebook messages, we finally meet! We have directions and GPS, but she has found us to lead us to her house.

She has arranged for us to stay at the flat of another sister, Karin. This is a great base for the next two weeks. We can use Amanda's garage for working on the bikes. This past year Amanda has been a great help! We used her address to mail spare parts for the bike and the thumb drives our friend Bob in Boise has been handling for us. We've wonderful cat and housesitters, Jesse and Celeste.

A big trip made easier with the help from friends!

Thank you all for continued support, please sign our guestbook, it's nice to hear from people. Now, the preparing for the next stage, India.

As we ride south on R27 Table Mountain grows ever bigger while traffic gets busier.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunchbreak along R27 and checking our progress with GPS.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We get off the main road and follow M14 along the coast. Very nice views of Table Mountain, the bay and Capetown.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We pushed the bikes onto the beach for some nice "arrival" pictures.
Heart 1 Comment 0
End of another stage.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Table Mountain and the bay.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One more photo with our "94 equator picture". Rachel has assembled quite the collection of people holding this photo.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 75 km (47 miles)
Total: 10,710 km (6,651 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0