to Powerline Camp: moving on - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2016

to Powerline Camp: moving on

Leaving the city is a little easier than navigating in. We have picked a fairly major road, which is not the interstate though, and it leads us with little hassle first north, then angling northeast where we want to go. We make good time, stop a few times for snacks, drinks and at one town for a bowl of noodles. Our intent is to see how far we get today, then get to the G216 junction tomorrow morning and try get a ride. We are ready for Mongolia!

At one point we see two local cyclists appear behind us, then they must have passed us when we take a break at a gas station. On the next long hill we get them in our sights and Patrick almost catches up when they take a break at an underpass. Even though they see us nearing they set off again. Later in a town we think we see one of the riders at the shop we also stop, but the guy is not able to take his eyes off his mobile device long enough to communicate with us. Different kind of people here in China. Good luck to them: we are moving on.

Just past some large power stations and across the road from what seems like a huge chemical plant there is a nice wide green buffer zone to the desert, we find a way through the buffer and a nicely hidden spot. Out of sight, but we can still hear the traffic though. With our noodle meals on the road we have not been cooking in the evening, which is good because we have to carry water and cooking/clean-up always takes a lot of water. Crackers, cheese and peanut butter for dinner.

Another flat. Changing tubes. We carry four spares so we don't have to patch while on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Scenic sunset view from our campsite.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunset view from our campsite.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 101 km (63 miles)
Total: 22,038 km (13,686 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0