to Osh: finishing up the Pamir Highway with a long downhill - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

July 30, 2016

to Osh: finishing up the Pamir Highway with a long downhill

“It’s never all downhill” Rachel says, but today was pretty close and we even have a bit of a tailwind.

Today is a good day marking a milestone of completing the Pamir Highway! We will be back into civilization with more opportunity for rest, good foods and better supplies in shops. We are out of food except for a few cakes for breakfast, no water for tea, no coffee.

Our tents are wet from the overnight rain, and everything is damp. But a tailwind is blowing and we have only about 50km to go, most of it downhill. We cruise! It has been a while since we were able to use the big chain ring. Upon entering Osh we navigate ourselves to the TES hostel. A very nice place, not too far from the city center. To our surprise we find Tony and Sarah and Will (Super Cycling Man) also at the hostel. We knew Will was ahead of us, but Tony and Sarah must have past us in Sary-Tash. They were at the pink hotel above the supermarket while we were only a block away!

For dinner we order in pizza, the hostel provides cold beer for a fair price. You can get a half liter bottle of White Hoegaarden for 100 KGS (about $1.50) less than you can buy it in Belgium.

This guy insists Rachel climb on his horse for a photo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Friendly horseman.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Last break before Osh. We finish off our Nutella and cookies.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering Osh.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Celebratory toast at the TES Guesthouse.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 57 km (35 miles)
Total: 19,857 km (12,331 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0