to Mubende: pavement again! - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 20, 2015

to Mubende: pavement again!

What a difference a day makes....or make that what a difference asphalt makes.

The road is much the same as the past few days with the ups and downs, only made a little easier by riding on pavement. At least we could get more from the downhills. This area is noticeably drier and less cultivation of every inch of land. At the roadside stalls, we are seeing plantains rather than bananas, still plenty of tomatoes and cabbages.

Our staple food for riding during the day continues to be Chapati and omelet (Rolex) and chapati with nutella. And at the end of the day, rice and beans, and chicken.

Guy making clay bricks. They are sun dried, then stacked in a big pile with some tunnels underneath where a fire is lit.
Heart 1 Comment 0
You can transport just about anything on a motorbike.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another town, another garbage dump. We also started throwing our trash by the side of the road. What else is there to do? We carried it until we finally figured out this is what the locals would do anyway. After a while things get swept into a pile and lit on fire.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One more bale.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More of those big horned cattle
Heart 1 Comment 0
Condom add at the entrance to Mubende.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 83 km (52 miles)
Total: 5,931 km (3,683 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0