to Missoula: Can't say no to a ride - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

October 1, 2017

to Missoula: Can't say no to a ride

We are in no hurry to get on the road this morning. Our plan is to ride about 25 kilometers to Hamilton and have lunch there with a friend who is driving up from Missoula. Afterwards we plan to stay with a “warmshowers” host in Hamilton. There are a couple of issues with this plan. First the weather forecast tomorrow is deteriorating: wet and cold. Second the host is not at the location in town we thought: we have to backtrack about 10 kilometers south of Hamilton and cover that ground again tomorrow. So when our friend Beth offers to give us a lift back to Missoula we take it. It is the easy way out, but we have nothing to prove.

We have a nice lunch at the Naps Grill and wait for Beth’s husband Charles to arrive with his pickup truck to load our bikes. The weather today is very nice one moment with sunshine, snow on the mountains and dark storm clouds. Next moment the storm clouds move in so you feel what the real temperature is and the rain pours down. No snow, yet.

The ride gave us an extra day in Missoula. We now plan to stay here four days with two different friends. There probably won't be a whole lot of interest to our journal so the next installment might be us heading up and across Lolo Pass into Idaho on Friday. The weather should be better by then.

The Bitterroot Valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sawmill in the Bitterroot Valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 km (18 miles)
Total: 40,513 km (25,159 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0