to Lobelville: backroads of Tennessee - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2017

to Lobelville: backroads of Tennessee

The rain was intermittent throughout the night, stopping just long enough for us to break camp, eat breakfast and get going. The first 7 miles we had already been over twice with Wendy and Greg, very different now on a bike. All day it was rain jacket on rain jacket off, rain jacket on rain jacket off.

Patrick mapped out a route on back roads until finally connecting to route 13. We followed Cane Creek Road for a long time then reach a big switchback climb and taking a break in Lobelville. Sitting outside the market drinking chocolate milk, we talk with people as they go in and out of the shop.. People are so friendly and all wish us a safe journey.

When we reach Interstate 40, Patrick suggests we check out some motels rather than continue on to camp at the Loretta Lynn's Ranch. We check the Days Inn and it's outrageous even with Rachel's senior discount. Across the road, the Knights Inn is reasonable for $57 including tax and breakfast. Rachel is told that the Loretta Lynn's Ranch is a mess right now after hosting a motocross championship event last weekend. Also, we've been without internet for a couple of days, and are ready for a hot shower. We go to lunch at an Arbys at the Pilot truck stop. The best part of the day was later watching the Blues Brothers movie.

Our next goal is to reach Carterville and spending time with our friend Anita.

Yard art or trash?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Southern baths.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron Paul for president! Someone with a shotgun disagreed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This sign has been used for target practice quite a bit.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Old barn with horse.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cane Creek Road. Nice riding and only a few cars an hour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lower Cane Creek Road does lose the paving for a while, and surprises us with a couple of steep hills.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lawn mower pull competition and fundraiser! Only in America!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Don't steal this guys junk, he will kill you......
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 36,808 km (22,858 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0