to Koppal: back to the "real" India - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

January 25, 2016

to Koppal: back to the "real" India

"Two banana pancakes and two white coffees" we order at Ganesh Restaurant for the third morning in a row. No cornflakes on the rest days and today moving on again with a short ride to Koppal.

We ride a short distance and roll the bikes down the ramps to the ferry to cross the Tungabhadra River. On the other side is Virupapur Gaddi, a mini upscale version of Hampi.

For the first 20kms the road takes us between rice fields and through small villages. Kids crammed in tuk tuks with their daypacks on the roof going to school wave as they pass us. Basically flat and very tranquil until the road meets up with NH 63 and the traffic increases.

In order to not have an over 100km day to get to Goa, Patrick has mapped out five shorter days, then a longer day to the coast. Today, as an easy day, we check into the Hotel BS Pawar Grand Hotel early. Our room is on the third floor and the elevator isn't working, but the staff help carry the gear up to the room and the bikes secure in the garage. The Hotel has an excellent restaurant with very professional service.

While in Hampi, the internet was intermittent and slow, now in Koppal still a bit slow but we are able to catch up with uploading photos and journal. We have taken to writing a word document on the laptop that we can then copy and paste to the journal.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 km (22 miles)
Total: 11,943 km (7,417 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0