To Koblenz: following rivers - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

April 7, 2015

To Koblenz: following rivers

We left Winnerath in a dense fog. The 3 kms down was a cold ride but the day looks promising with the weather and blue sky. Today we follow the Ahr River to the Rheine River to the confluence with the Mosel River at Koblenz.

Our first break is at a bakery/coffeeshop and stock up on lunch supplies from a store next door. We are getting into the rhythm of cycle touring. Cycling, stopping for a break, eating and continuing on, cycling, shopping for supplies. The days are down to basics.

We find the campground where we camped in 1994, right at the confluence. The other part of the rhythm of cycle touring is at the end of the day, setting up camp, cleaning up, laundry and taking a look around at where you have landed. We took a small ferry boat across to the "German Corner" and walked around the city.

Early morning fog along the Ahr River
Heart 2 Comment 0
The rhythm of cycle touring, cycle and take a break.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cycling along the Rheine River
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Camping at Koblenz, yes, we have brought with us chairs!!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Across from our campground we see the statue at the "German Corner", the confluence of the Rheine and Mosel Rivers
Heart 1 Comment 0
The other part of getting into the rhythm of cycle touring.....a good beer at the end of the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 87 km (54 miles)
Total: 436 km (271 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0