to Keyenjojo: always another hill - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2015

to Keyenjojo: always another hill

"It's too early, it's not light out yet" Rachel says. "It will be light enough by the time we are loaded" Patrick says.

This is going to be a long day with almost 100kms and hills, so an early start is best. Besides, it's so nice cycling early morning with a beautiful sunrise, less traffic and the light is beautiful.

The landscape is drier, the hills have exposed outcroppings of rocks and there were less tea plantations than expected and the hill after hill continued.

Since it is going to be a long day we get on the road early. Morning mist and smoke from forest clearing fires hangs in the valleys.
Heart 1 Comment 0
As the sun rises it appears briefly between the horizon and a band of clouds.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another 120 km to Fort Portal, our goal for tomorrow. Patrick gave away his Kenya shirt and bought a Uganda soccer jersey.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gabriel stops us on the road, he wants to know why muzungu's like to travel by bike. We exchange email adresses and will try to connect.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner in Keyenjojo. We stick with the rice and beans, plus Rachel adds some sweet potato and Irish potato.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 99 km (61 miles)
Total: 6,030 km (3,745 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0