to Bandirma - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

June 5, 2015

to Bandirma

"What a great bike lane", we both say. The beauty of the bicycle is it can go where vehicles can't. A big part of the ride today the 4 lane road was narrowed to two lanes due to road construction. So that is where we rode, on the construction side, sometimes dodging equipment. Patrick would say "merhaba" (hello) and the construction workers would wave, and reply "gule gule" (goodbye said by the person staying).

The day was a gray overcast hazy day so the views of Marmara Sea were limited. We will be on the ferry tomorrow to Istanbul.

Our bikes were parked in an alcove off the billiard room overnight. We load them up, have breakfast and ride out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stop at one of the gas station / restaurants along our way for coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Long rolling hills, hazy skies and fields of wheat as we make our way towards the Marmara Sea.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There is road construction, but we can ride on the unfinished road bed and stay away from traffic.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Eken Hotel in Bandirma with a view of the Marmara Sea and the ferry terminal where we will embark tomorrow morning for Istanbul.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 3,595 km (2,232 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0